So, I opt to by a new phone. The sales pitch: it'll only cost $5 with a $50 rebate for a Samsung Solstice II and he'll throw in a free screen protector installation on that deal. He would fill out the rebate (and ensured me 100% of his customers received theirs) and everything would be fine. Okay, sounds good. "Your total comes to $80 somethin'." Whaaaa???? Okay, let me get this straight. Last time I checked, 5+50= 55. $55 does not equal to $80, even with tax. Dave pulls out a calculator like I'm some friggin' idiot. "Well, it's $55 for the phone (and remember, you'll get $50 of it back!!!) and the screen protector is $25." Wait, didn't you say it was free? "No, the the installation is free. The screen protector I can't give to you for free."
THERE, MY FRIENDS, IS THE CATCH. My screen protector costs 5x more than my actual phone (technically). My friend, Chris, made a great point- I'm going to be using my phone to protect my screen saver...
So far, I'm regretting not thinking of buying a new phone through. Spending only a total of $30 on a phone isn't bad, but I have a couple of back-up phones I can use, the screen protector (so far) has bubbles in it, the software on the Samsung is slow, but the interface is nice. I guess I'm glad I have 30 days to decide whether or not I want this phone. It's pretty hard getting use to the heat sensitive touch screen since I use to text with my fingernails....

No comments:
Post a Comment