Monday, March 14, 2011

Balanced Weekend

This weekend was probably the most balanced weekends I've had in a loooong time.  What is balanced, you say?  Let's start by defining my usual unbalanced lifestyle: too much work, meetings, homework, etc. and not enough time for everything else.  Pretty straightforward.

I started Friday evening (after work) off with a bit of shopping.  I've never been to University Mall, and it's actually quite a large mall.  It's a good change of scenery compared to the usual Southtown, Fashion, and Gateway.  I grabbed a free Subway (I still have 270 points left on my card... yeesh) and headed out for a quick meeting with 1st Utah Bank and UOCA to open the YAAP bank account (FINALLY!!!).  We were able to deposit all the money we had, which makes me feel a whole lot better, considering I had a huge envelope of money just sitting in my room.  After dinner with the fam, I prep'd for a belated birthday party/spring break party for Hai Ho, one of my awesome friends I don't see much of anymore.  I made some jello-shots, grabbed some vodka, picked up some board games, and the night went on and on.  :)  Hai showed up late to his own party, so he had to take shots right when he got there- 5, to be exact.  Hai, being the low-tolerance, rare drinker he is, was instantly buzzed/drunk.  We were able to capture his beautiful ballet performance on video (too long to upload, but trust me- it was good).  His Cranium skills at Data Head (answering questions based on facts) was outstanding.... sometimes I couldn't figure out if he was sober or drunk.  I was quickly reminded by the brief glances at him when he looked like he was just about passed out, sliding onto the floor, or blinking without unison.  Overall, the night was fun, Hai had a great time, and there were no casualties.  :)


Saturday was slow-go.  I started the day off cleaning up my room, a necessary task to do weekly.  I tried to teach myself how to just be clean, but old habits die hard.  I prepared the agendas for the afternoon meetings at Badass Coffee (food critic comment: delicious strong coffee, very pricey...).  We had a YAAP EB meeting and an Asian Youth Camp meeting.  Overall, I think the meetings went well, we had good turnouts, good ideas, and I'm excited for upcoming plans.  Thanks to Sattra, Rich, Lucas, Chris, Janice, and Charles for making it out!  I really appreciate your help and feedback.  :)  You're like family already!  After the meeting, Janice, Lucas, Rich and I stopped at Astro Burger for BLTs.  Now listen here- the BLTs here are the SHIZ! Best comfort food ever.  If you have been disappointed by BLTs in the past where they gave you 2 strips of bacon, no lettuce, and tomato that is just not the right consistency, go to the Astro burger on 3900 S State St and they've got what you're looking for!  Just don't ask Lucas- he thinks they're OK compared to Wendover...  ;)  The night ended with Bryan and I watching dramas and anime.... slow and relaxing.  :)


Sunday, daylight savings.  Bryan, Rich, Lucas and I
went to the park and played frisbee and football.  This day was b-e-a-utiful!  I hope [the real] spring comes soon.  Lucas, Rich and I carpooled to HPER pool on campus (Bryan had to do some massages) and swam for an hour.  It was really nice to swim in a good pool.  YES, there are differences.... the U of U pool is one of the best.  :)  I was able to try to teach Lucas and Rich how to swim better (they already knew how, in my opinion), but I might have set my expectations a bit too high... j/k!  Let's just say (again), old habits die hard.  We came back to my place, made some fruit smoothies (yuuuummmmmy), made delicious home made fish tacos, rice pilaf and potato salad with a side of beer (Catherine, Bryan, Danny, and my dad decided last time that beer tastes phenomenal with these tacos).  Lucas brought over Robin Hood (critic: pretty good movie, but I didn't realize it was the pre-robin hood story before he becomes outlawed... I thought it was just another version of the same story).  I vacuumed the ENTIRE upstairs... for those of you who have been to my house, you know that's a MAJOR task that takes FOREVER.  Went to bed a bit late (darn you daylight savings!!!).


Now I'm uber tired, I oriented students from Creighton (Omaha, NE), did evaluations, went to groups, and prep'd for my group tomorrow.  Maybe I'll go to bed at 9pm tonight.  (-_-) zzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment