Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Crazy for Glasses + Dinner with Uncle T

The next day, our aunt took us to go visit one of her good friends.  She heard about our desire to get new glasses after we had both gotten some... that were pretty expensive (mine was moreso than Cat's).  Her friend was shutting down his eyeglass store and wanted to clean everything out... she's so smart for asking us to help ;)

Cat got 2 new pairs of glasses- one pink and one silver.  The silver one was pretty amazing- it comes with a switchable bluetooth on the earpiece... jealous!  I sort of wanted one but couldn't find frames that fit my face.  I, on the other hand, went a bit overboard- I got 4 new pairs of glasses, each very different in style/taste.  I figured, since I'll be wearing glasses more (after wearing contacts every single day, it made my eyes really dry *tear*) and I can switch them out for my mood that day.

The sad thing is-- my 4 pairs of glasses don't even add up to the amount I paid for for the 1 pair I got in Taipei the first week I was here.  :(  I should have waited...

We chatted with mom/Brian/daddio that afternoon and it was so good to see everyone again.  I think I'm starting to feel a little homesick.  We were told to get Brian some new glasses.... no prob.  :P  He was wearing contacts for the first time that day, and yes, it was hard to take out, wasn't it?  Don't say we didn't warn you.  ;)

We headed back to Xi Zhi because Uncle Thomas was in town for a couple of days.  He has some business to do in the US, so he will be flying out tomorrow and returning on the 20th... right before we leave.  So, we all decided to do a fancy dinner at Lulu's (again).

Food was once again, amazing.  It's so nice to talk to Uncle T and Aunt Daphne- I've missed them a lot since my last visit with them in Shanghai 7 years ago.  I stayed with them for 2 or 3 months after I graduated high school- it was such a blast.  :)  TJ has changed, too- he's much taller, more quiet, and unfortunately, he's sick. :(  Hopefully he'll get better before basketball camp.

That night we went to KTV to do a bit of Karaoke with John, RJ, CJ, Kieth, Maureen, L, Koko, and John's blood brother (hahaha, I don't know his name, but he looks just like John but older).  We learned some games, sang some songs, and had a grand ol' time.  Unfortunately, it was a bit pricey for me, so I don't think I'll be going out for KTV again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment