Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Facials

Today, July 12, we scheduled facials with my mom's friend's sister-in-law at her skin clinic.  Asian facials are no ordinary facials- they are the kind that make your face smooth, white, and flawless (all three things which aren't my face...).

Cat and I went with jou-ma to the clinic.  We raised a pretty good deal at 2500 NT for my face and 2000 NT for Cat's.  Lots of different types of laser removals, such as CO2 laser (pores for my nose), freckles, and spots on the face.  I had no idea my skin was that bad until she pointed it out.... yeah, mine was by far the worst out of the 3 of us.

After much pain and enduring, we were advised to stay out of the sun and wear surgical masks if we go out (pollutants, UV, etc).  That made it really hard to breathe in this type of weather, but we need to protect ourselves.  Jou-ma took us to SOGO at Zhongxiao Fuxing MRT station where they had a huge bra sale going on!  I was in heaven... my favorite type of shopping is underwear shopping.  <3  I got 4 matching bra/panty sets- they are adorable!!!  Catherine got 3 cute bras as well- overall, a good haul!

We had hot pot (ma-la style) with Uncle Winston's family because Jian-Wei, our other cousin, was finally back from college on a visit.  We had to see him, so it was a good opportunity to eat lots of food and lots of Haagen-daz ice cream.... I was about to explode, but Catherine- sometimes, I don't know how she fits all that food into one little body.

We parted ways and said short goodbyes (for we will see them again soon) and came back to Xi Zhi to find John and his friends playing games.  Fun times!  We joined in on the fun, playing PS3 games, card games with dares, and afterwards went out for a bite at McD's (of course, I didn't eat anything... trying the whole food conscious thing).

Overall, a good day.  Waiting for tomorrow to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment