Thursday, April 7, 2011

1 Week Break

Dear Blog,

It has been a long time since I haven't had to worry about school.  Long = 7 years.  I finally finished my 18th semester in a row and it feels goooooood.  I haven't had a period of time like this to myself ever since I can remember.  I don't think I will after I graduate, either, but the fact is- this week is my break week.

Every day I'm getting more and more anxious about finding a job.  Why the rush?  There are plenty of OT jobs out there.... what's one week gonna do?  Many of my classmates have already found jobs- signed contracts, committed, etc.  I still don't know what I want to do yet, but PRN sounds like a good option for now.

I haven't had a good amount of time to spend with Bryan, but that's only because he's busy with school and work.  I know this weekend will be amazing. <3  I just have to be a bit patient.  I did, however, get to see him for a little bit to help him study for his test....  :)  A++++!

I've also had a bit of time to catch up with YAAP and SOTA.  It's weird how much you can actually get done when you have the time to do it.  I always thought it was just me who liked to procrastinate and wait until the last minute to finish everything, but really.... it's because I over-strung myself (I know, that's not a word) and booked myself 26 hours worth of tasks each day.

I've also been able to focus on managing my finances a bit better.  Last month, was, well... not the best month.  Over $300 in gas!  Good thing I don't have to drive all the way down to Provo anymore (but at the same time, I miss them).  I spent over $300 in stuff (phone, birthday presents, traveling expenses...) and did very well with controlling how much I spend on food.  This month, I'm going to keep an expense record with me wherever I go.  I'm limiting myself to $400 of expenses.... not sure if it's possible, but I'm going to try.  I've already spent $73 this month, and it's only been a week since April started!  Today I'm meeting with Lavanya to see if I can make a bit of extra money working at her restaurant a couple times a week.  :)

I was able to get all my house chores done.  It's a great feeling to live in an environment that's clean.... carpet vacuumed, furniture/blinds dusted, books organized, bed made... good feelings indeed.  You know what else feels great?  Exercising.  <3  I can feel my muscles again!  I've only worked out twice this week (and yes, it's already Thursday!!!)  and my muscles are angry.  Kinda like "wtf have you been messing with us for?"  They'll thank me in the end....

I've also been able to spend a bit more time with my family.  It's fun to spend time with Catherine again (even though she's coughing up a storm, broken in 3 places, and always tired beyond reason).  We get along so well, even when she looses her temper.  I think I may be the only one who can "put up" with it (not sure if that's the right word to use... maybe change her mood is a better way to explain it).  She's getting much better than she use to be, and I'm so proud of her.  It might be a sign of maturity!  She's come such a long way, and she's such a fun person to be around- she'll definitely end up having healthier relationships with friends than me.  :P

Studying for the NBCOT has been pushed back to next week, too.  I'm getting extremely anxious about this!  K, I just changed my mind- not going to put this one off.

All in all, things are changing rapidly.  The month of April has gone by so quickly already- before I know it, it'll be over!  I'll be graduating!  I'll be taking the NBCOT!  I'll be flying to Korea!  I'll be working full time!

Whoa.  Movin' a bit too fast....

No comments:

Post a Comment