Thursday, April 7, 2011

Asian Chamber Gala

This post is a bit late....

On Saturday, April 2nd, the annual Asian Chamber Gala was held at the usual Little America.  Everything about this gala was the same- planning, wrapping, registration, and chickens running with their heads chopped off.  Yup, the usual.


However, this year, it was a bit unusual.  Duyen and I weren't scholarship recipients!  Not that I'm complaining (since I'm graduating and winning the scholarship means I have another year of school left), but it was weird not to sit at the students table, not to join people on stage.... but to just be a board member and gala committee planner and sit on the sidelines.

I was so proud of my boys and girls- Lucas, Lisa, Kevin, Stephen, Amy, Natalie, and Duc- all were scholarship recipients this year.  Congrats to all of you!

The events preceeding the gala were a bit awkward.  I know I told them I was going to be busy with my internship, but I still offered to help out as much as I could.  I don't think they utilized me as much as they could have.  I know I was the coordinator, but that doesn't mean that I now don't do anything or don't know of how things panned out before... I felt a bit ignored (is that okay to say?).  Well, I'm not the same age group as they are anyway, but still...

Back to the event.  It was a fun time.  Bryan once again shone through and helped out at the last minute.  I was able to ask Lucas, Duyen, Khoi, Brian, Hai, and Shenoor to help out, too.  Special thanks to my volunteers who made the event magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment