Being productive feels good. Being a good friend who is productive feels even better. I'm taking a break from studying the NBCOT....
I've gotta say-- I only know how to be a good friend to those I really care for. I've always had a hard time splitting up the line between good, close friends, just friends, and acquaintances. I've always thought of them all at the same level.
Now I'm starting to see who my real friends are. The ones that care about me just as much as I care about them. They're the ones I would do anything for at anytime.
Do you have friends like that? I can honestly think of no more than 10 (more like 6 or 7). I find that to be a pretty impressive number, actually. They're the ones I would fly to just go see them, the ones I would go to their graduation for, the ones that call and check up once in awhile, the ones that come to me first and value my opinion and advice. The good friends that will never judge you and let it ruin a relationship, that there is never an awkward moment, that will tell you to your face if somethings wrong (right then and there) in a constructive way, that you can be yourself around (both the good and the ugly) and not worry about the consequences of what you have to say because when it's all over, your friendship stays strong and true.
I didn't think something like that really existed, but I'm at a point in my life where I can say "yes, those are my good friends."
Love you all <3
No comments:
Post a Comment