Anyone ever heard of the Swedish Trilogy: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? I just finished watching it with my buds at Richard's house (thanks for the awesome experience- Blu Ray, 58 flat screen, digital surround... amazing) after it was introduced to us in December. This series is a keeper. Definitely not one where you can judge by saying "well, I think the third one wasn't as good as the first... yada yada yada" but rather of the story as a whole- all 3 movies put together.
I know we all have a bit of movie critic in each of us (yes, I saw Just Go with It in a sneak preview screening [thanks, Vissal & Cat] and I of course had to review it for all those who wanted to see it this weekend- pretty funny!). But, this one is pretty intense. **insight into movies** I did think the 1st movie was all the action, 2nd movie was more of a transition, and 3rd movie was the story/plot all coming together. This crime novel-based story is a story like you've never heard before.
Warning: there's a lot of nudity, sexual scenes, violence/gore, disturbing images, and anything you can think of under the moon. If you like R-rated independent films (i.e. Black Swan, but more intense... is that possible?), then this trilogy is worth the 7 hours.
For Danny: Salaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaander. ;)
More intense than Black Swan??? Yikes.
ReplyDelete