Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

What American doesn't love the tradition of eating?  That's right, you heard me... eating.  Superbowl Sunday is the 2nd largest food-consumption day in the US, second only to Thanksgiving.  But doesn't the thought of eating finger foods, such as creamy artichoke dip, chips, candies, and sitting with a can of beer sound like comfort to you?

This year, I was invited by some good friends, Tara & Matt, to come over to their house for some famous slow-cooked ribs.  My dish that I'm bringing?  It was requested that I bring garlic mash.  Mmmm, reminds me of Thanksgiving already.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes are really easy to make, and they are absolutely amazing!  I highly recommend you take 30 min. out of your day to make something as satisfying as this (especially if you love mashed potatoes like I do).

3 1/2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and diced to same size
2 tbsp. kosher salt
16 oz. half and half (or sub with sour cream)
6 cloves of garlic, crushed



Just cover the potatoes in water, add salt, bring to a boil, then reduce to med-high.  Cook until potatoes break with a fork.  While waiting, heat half and half in a saucepan and add garlic, until simmering.  Drain the potatoes, mash, add garlic cream, and wait 5 min. before serving.  Soooo delicious.... I'm giving in already...

Happy Superbowl Sunday everyone!  Now enough about food.... Packers or Steelers?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment