Thursday, February 24, 2011

Goodbye, Partner!

Why must all good things come to an end?  When I started my fieldwork back in January, I wasn't the only newb.  Jen, a COTA student from SLCC, also started her 8-week fieldwork at USH.  Both of us had a great time learning the in's & out's of the hospital, meeting great staff peeps, and treating the patients.

It's almost impossible to believe 8 weeks is almost over.  Pretty soon, she'll be off doing bigger and better things, and I know she'll become a great OTA.  Jen was a great person to talk to, especially when it came down to problem solving ideas for treatment and reflecting on a group when we were both thinking "uh..... what the heck just happened?!"  LOL

This week, Rick (our awesome boss- no joke!  He really is super chill and cool....) had a super fantastic amazing idea that was so super, fantastic, and amazing, I almost spent half the day in a coma.... a food-coma, that is.  We went to The Pie Pizza Cafe, a place on University Parkway near Zupas (mmm, another good place) and had all-you-can-eat pizza buffet for $7!!  Pretty good pizza, if I do say so myself.  Their dough has a hint of sweetness to it which gives the bread an edge unlike most others.  Plus, they have an enormous variety of dessert pizza pie (something I am particularly keen towards, even if I don't do dessert too much).

The whole OT dept at USH!!!  (well, except for Kori & Jim)

Jen & Muah... she's so little!  >.<

I'm the bawss~

Good ol' John :)

<3 this gal!  I'm gonna miss her, too...  *sniffle*

August (to be OT student at the U!!!) & Jen (to be COTA)


We're gonna miss you Jen!  USH won't be the same without you.  <3  Have a good fieldwork at Alpine School District!  xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment