This morning when I woke up, it felt like today was going to be a good day. The sky was already blue, which was a welcome change to the dark blackness compared to the beginning of this year. It felt nice to know that days will soon be long enough to wake up to light and return from work during the daytime.
As I slowly meandered around the house to get ready and make breakfast, I couldn't believe today was Wednesday. Already half way through the week (working 4 10 hour shifts, so no work on Fri) and I wasn't exhaustively tired. On my drive down to Provo, I listened to Angels and Demons, a book I've been "reading" since mid-January. I was at an intense part- the climax of the book, so to speak. The 60 minute drive to work was more of a blur- I got there so quickly. Almost finished with the book, I reluctantly turned of the car and started work.
As I was documenting, I received a pleasant visit by my fieldwork education coordinator. Was it midterm already? It seems like I've only been here a few weeks. The interviews went great- I love my supervisor, he's extremely cool and flexible with any agendas I may have. He told me he gave me raving reviews, saying I've been on top of all the work that was being given/expected, and much more. Pretty proud of myself right about now. :)
This morning has been off to a good start. I'm starting my group, finishing my documentation, working on my case study, and preparing myself to become a full-fledged therapist (not that they don't treat me as one already).
Now, some housekeeping from this morning's adventure: pay for UOTA membership, budget how much it would cost to attend AOTA, name my group (any suggestions? We are using art/crafts to describe our feelings, designed for people with depression), and to start getting my documentation organized. I need to keep a journal of everything I do here as proof of when I start to do things without any supervision for long-term periods.
"Happy Hands" has a ring to it.
ReplyDelete