Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ugh... Last Midterm EVER

Even though I'm on fieldwork at the state hospital this semester, I am still graded for it.  We had our midterm review this week (I can't believe I'm already 1/2 way through!!!) and it's always a harsh grade.  It's set up so at midpoint, you should be performing half the expectation.  In other words, on a scale of 1-4, most students will get a 2 on midterm evaluations.

I'm just complaining a little... I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, and when I think I've done something great or wonderful, I'd like it to be reflected.  I feel like this glass ceiling just makes me discouraged.  I know, I know, they are areas I can improve on (or even experience for the first time), but still... harsh.

I try so hard, yet it's hard for me to see I'm only at 50% of what I am suppose to be doing.  My supervisor told me not to worry about it (except for areas noted in the notes section), but I'm a worry-wart.  I want to do good, I want to be the best therapist I can be.  Even though I passed 98/90 (90 is the minimum), I still feel... bad.

Is it okay to say it's just not fair?

No comments:

Post a Comment