Sunday, February 20, 2011

Roosevelt, UT

On our day off, Bryan and I planned to venture forth to his hometown: Roosevelt.  He's been gone from home since he graduated high school not too long ago... just kidding, it was 5 years ago.  Rushing on our way out of Salt Lake without food or breakfast, we were on our way.  Unfortunately, car rides make me sleepy, so I had to watch Grown Ups on Bryan's ipad for half the drive.  After 90+ minutes of driving towards eastern Utah, we met up with his mom at Kody's, a local diner known for their delicious grub.

There were a lot of great choices, but I opted for the Western Scramble with the eggs on the side, over-easy.  It was fantastic!  I was stuffed.  :)  Shirley, Bryan's mom, was able to join us in the nick of time during her lunch break.  It's great to see people when they're having a great day!  Jo met up with us and we were off to their high school: Union.  Bryan really only loved one teacher there: Mr. Miller.  He was pretty chill & funny- glad his computer teacher isn't in jail for pedophilia.

After the quick visit and a break to check email and facebook, we were off to go eat... again.  But it's not what you think!  Marion's has the best shakes... they're huge, filling, and oh so delicious.  The place is just a mom & pop place that smells like burgers, is full of antiques, and has the old school bar seats to munch on food.  They even serve the shakes in a unique paper cup!
After we were filled up to our ears, a short stop at grandma's was disappointing.  We unfortunately couldn't say hi, so we were on our merry-way back to their house.  BUT, we drove through the GHE-TTO... very interesting.

At grandma's place

The ghe-tto "cul-de-sac"... do you get why?

One of the highlights of my day was going out to the garage and shooting BB guns... awesome!  I think I might have some skill... it doesn't have as much of a kick (if any) as those guns that Crystal owns.  Who knew shooting cans down would be so entertaining?

The day started to come to an end as we watched The Secret Garden on VHS near the fire stove.  We had a great time with his family and couldn't stop talking about it on our way home.... yes, no radio or movies, it was nothing but talking.  :)  Thanks for the adventure, Bryan!  xoxo

Jo, Shirley, Bryan, me

2 comments:

  1. "glad his computer teacher isn't in jail for pedophilia"

    Oh SNAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA Seriously... Bryan gave me a confused look when I said that. I told him not to worry about it ;)

    ReplyDelete