After it started getting worse, I took it into the shop that checked of my emissions & inspection 1 month ago. They quickly (and poorly) diagnosed my car to need a crank sensor replaced. Apparently, a crank sensor tells the car how much fuel to release to keep the car running. Explains the jerking, right?
Well, my dad took it to pick up something my mom bought on KSL ('I need a big car to fit everything in!') and he said it stalled 3x on the freeway. He was so embarrassed by it he decided to take it to the nearest shop... driving at 25 mph. YIKES! The guy at the shop was nice enough to check it out. Against initial belief, it wasn't the crank sensor. It was the fuel pump.
Let's do the math:
Crank sensor + labor = $187
Fuel pump + labor = $480
Greeeeeeat....
UPDATE:
The INFINITI *ahem, Chris* had some distributor thingy that wasn't working correctly, either... which would have ended up costing another $200, but the mechanic was amazing and still honored the original quote. :) On another note, I think I might be getting a new car... and this time, I have to pay for it :(
... you spelled "Infiniti" wrong, twice.
ReplyDelete::rolls eyes::
OMG... seriously, if you post one more misspelled comment....
ReplyDeleteI will block you.
You CANNOT argue cars with me, woman! ;-P
ReplyDeleteIt's true. :P
ReplyDelete