Sunday, May 1, 2011

Monthly Budget- April '11

As many of you already know, I started budgeting for the first time in my entire life this year in February.  Life has been pretty harsh, and I know Bryan feels the repercussions of it the most (sorry).  I like to compare how much I spend monthly, and I'll take the lower number of the two (compared between the months) to make it my new goal to stay under. 

I categorize all of my expenses in 3 simple areas:  Food, Gas, and Stuff.  Honestly, I don't really know how to categorize the "stuff," so I just leave it.  Here's the low-down on what happened in April vs. March.

Expenses only.  :P

              April           March
Food:     $96.61        $132.44
Gas:       $160.80      $263.88
Stuff:      $733.81      $177.52

As you can see, I did fairly well with food and gas.  How?  In April (compared to March), I spent more money at grocery stores than restaurants.  I also took the bus when traveling long distances, since it's just a 2 minute drive from my house to the bus stop.

As for STUFF.... Honestly, the $540.00 for the Boards Test killed it.  I think the "deposit" for the photos ($100) killed it too.... but I'll get that back within a week. 

Everything in red means that will be my new goal to be under budget for May.... It's gonna be a tough one.

Thanks to Bryan for helping when we go out- I couldn't do this without you. <3

2 comments:

  1. i thought you meant you had spent $733 on food... i was gonna say you were my hero... but it was only for your boards test and photos. haha! just kidding, mika. you're still my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Emilio! You're amazing. I know, it's that darn test. But I get my $100 back :D Maybe when I'm rich and famous, I'll drop $733 on food like it's a hot potato. ;P

    ReplyDelete