Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Type of Break

Yesterday I took a day off of studying... granted, I planned ahead of time and knew I would have a busy Saturday, so I studied extra Friday night to make up for it (yes, it felt pathetic... everyone was checking in to FB at restaurants, movies, bowling, parties.... *sigh*). 

I still planned on studying Saturday, but it didn't end up happening.  I woke up early to prep for the YAAP Executive Board meeting.  We decided to meet at Denny's, since it would only be me, Lucas, and Rich.  Bryan came along to have breakfast.  We talked about great things that have happened, things that we have in store for our members this summer (which will be amazing!  I'm sad that I'll miss out on all the fun).  We even started talking about our banquet.  I'm not spilling any secrets, but know that this year we can improve on a lot more stuff (now that we have experience).  :)

We actually talked/had a meeting/provided training for the summer.  It was a 3 1/2 hour long shindig.  After I got home, Cat, Brian and I watched Tron, surround, blu-ray, on the plasma.  What an experience..... there were some pretty cool concepts and CG.  It was such a long movie that I had to quickly make dinner for Brian since Catherine had to work and I had a Ropes Course to go to- made some crab fettuccine alfredo with steamed broccoli on whole grain pasta.

The weather was a bit scary for us to be down in Provo at a ropes course, but it cleared up.  We met at Mike H's house to carpool- Bryan drove me, Anil, Oanh, and John H.  Party car!!!  lol  It was a good time- we went on a giant swing (scary as sh** letting go of a rope when you're suspended in midair), climbed an outdoor rock wall, and zoomed on a zipline.  All in all, it brings back memories of how much fun it was to do this back on the swim team of CHAT. 

I was able to grab a brochure from CLAS ropes course and am thinking of doing it for YAAP to teach people how to communicate, listen, follow directions, problem solving, team work, trust, confidence, and just a better understanding of yourself and how you interact with people in your environment.  Everyone needs to learn these skills to have a good quality of life.

Bryan and I were starving after not eating lunch/dinner, so by the time 9pm rolled around, we were chomping away at Saffron Valley's masala dosa, chicken tikka kebab, and naan with tikka masala simmer sauce.  Amazing.

I headed over to Bryan's house and we watched Fruits Basket before I headed over to the airport to pick up my parents from their week long vacation in Cancun.  Bryan really enjoyed Fruits Basket, although he's determined to find a Japanese version (we were watching it dubbed.... Yuki has a hella creepy voice).  Drove to the airport and picked up some tired parents.... and watched Kochio Wa Maid-sama with Catherine, a new show she finds entertaining (after I introduced it to her, Bryan, Rich, and Deena earlier this week).

Today was a fun day.  Now, time to hit the books- make up 7 pages from yesterday and finish today's chapter.... not as bad as it sounds.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment