Sunday, May 22, 2011

Katana Hair-Fashion Show

Last night, I was reminded how much I love the runway.

It's been since last August (I think) since I've been on a runway, but this one was unique.  Face painting, exotic hair, close-intimate setting, style.  The best part was... well, I'll tell you in a sec.

After arriving at the hair salon at 5pm, I got my hair done.  Let's just say I had a garden/garland in my hair that made my hair look even bigger than it usually does.  Super fun tho!  Patty, my hair stylist, was a cute woman.  Once finished, I was staaaarved.  Cat helped me put my makeup on (whoa, when I typed the word makeup, Katy Perry was singing "You think I'm pretty, without any makeup on" LOL) which was -I would say- caked on afterwards... more makeup than I would ever wear in a whole week combined.  :P  Yet, we still went out to Arby's for a bite to eat (no, models don't starve themselves/binge-purge).  We were too embarassed to dine in, so we just went through the drive through.  ^^;;

Upon returning, we sat outside and ate our dinner with Taylor, who just went to the nearby Mexican store and bought some Negros... hahahaha.  We were summoned to get dressed to take headshots for the hair competition- winner receives a $50 gift certificate to Katana.  :) 

It was a fun frenzy as all of us models got ready for the show.  We got our faces painted... they looked amazing.  As it got closer to start, we did a dry run and weren't allowed to go to the front... so when Stereo Love began to play, I didn't realize how many people there were!  THE BEST PART was the surprise of having so many people I know sitting in the audience <3  That made it all worthwhile!  I was a bit nervous at first, but once I saw their faces, I instantly began to have fun and strut my stuff.  ;)

Ah, the rush of being on the runway with cameras flashing everywhere, loud music booming... people cheering... its a natural high!  Pictures to be posted to FB- make sure you find them on Katana Hair Designs!  See a video of part of the show, too (don't know if you have to be friends with Huat to watch it tho).

UPDATE 5/23/11-- Pictures are up!  :)

Mika (exotic), Janice (exotic), Catherine (casual)

No comments:

Post a Comment