Friday, May 20, 2011

Floss

Okay, I'm going to admit it.  I know some of you are in the same boat as me!  Those of you who are diligent- I applaud you. 

I confess that I don't floss everyday.  *pauses for effect*  It's suuuuch a big hassle, it takes so much time, your hands get all saliva-y, and (if you're like me and have unheathly gums) your gums bleed like you just ate raw meet straight from the butcher.

BUT, I do floss when I feel like something gets stuck, so I'm not ignoring it on purpose.  Altogether, I would say my habits of flossing are just "as needed."

Dentists/Dental students/Pre-dental students, don't hate me!!!!  I'm hear to tell you I've learned a lesson.  Today I decided to do a tune-up of my teeth.  Did some (over)brusing 4x today, drank water, ate water-based foods, and flossed.  BOY WAS IT GROSS.  I flossed after I brushed and it was still gross. 

Now, don't bash on the toothbrush, 'cause I use one of those electronic sonicare toothbrushes and replace the head every 3-4 months.  Also, I brush for 2 minutes each time.  I do the monthly temporary whitening and use whitening toothbrush (with all the bells and whistles).  But the fact of the matter is.... it really doesn't get everything.

So, after flossing 2-3 times in each space and rinsing with mouthwash, I decided that I'm going to floss every stinkin' day.  End of story.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment