Saturday, June 4, 2011

Achy Feet

Today, I started off the trip with a nice run.  It was sprinkling just a little bit which made the air much cooler, but not any less humid.  It was weird to start exercising again, because I'm soooo deconditioned.  I came home to do some floor work which was a tad embarassing with all the boys in the living area.  Afterwards, Cat and I met up with Lisa Peck!  <3  We headed out to try this Dr. Fish restaurant where you get an exfoliation on your feet while eating a meal.  Exfoliation = fish eating dead skin off your feet!  haha  We didn't actually find it; rather, they closed that part of the restaurant down.  So we went and got chicken Korean BBQ, but sauteed style with veggies, sweet potatoes, and ramen style noodles (NO, not the packaged stuff).  Cooling off, we ordered $1 fresh squeezed/blended drinks- Cat ordered kiwi, and I had a melon drink.  :)


We took the train to a more rural area of Seoul, just over an hour away.  We wanted to go see R16, a national bboy competition for the world champion title for best crew!  It was pretty fun to watch, but I dunno if it was worth the long train ride back and forth.  We came back and met a friend, Yoki, and had dinner at Ramini, an Italian restaurant in Myeongdong.  We had a corn & bacon alfredo pizza, seafood pasta with a tortilla-like carb baked over it, and a alfredo pasta in a bread bowl (which I think I'm going to do from now on when I have alfredo at home).  We each had this drink which had pureed fruit (kiwi or strawberry) with lemon-lime soda.  It was hella good!  Gonna try it at home, too. 


Heading out to Namsan Tower, aka Seoul Tower, we hiked up it FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER.  1,000 stairs, to be exact.  We seriously climbed an entire mountain just to get to the tower.  After our triumphant defeat, we took pictures, toured the teddy bear museum, and took a cable car down.  Since it was already dark, the view was beautiful.  We did a teeny bit of shopping (mostly window shopping) and we did a cute little photo booth.  ^_^ 
The steps just keep going....

and going...

and going.... (go yuko!)

We made it!


Ending the night, Lisa decided to stay over at the Yellow Submarine Guesthouse with us!  All the boys were drinking soju and playing darts... a dangerous mix.  ^^;;  A few new other residents are here too, so we're all one big happy family.  :)

Lisa and Cat might be going to the Square for some bboy practices.  As for me, my feet are aching (probably from all the walking, climbing, running, etc).... so I might just stay in tonight.  It's only 12:30 a.m.  ;)

1 comment: