Sunday, June 12, 2011

Karaoke is a Theme...

Waking up late always makes me feel crappy.  Only in the fact that I feel like I've wasted half of my day sleeping when I could be doing something fun.  Grandma made us potstickers for lunch before we left for John's Kung Fu class with Uncle Simon.  All of us waited in this little cafe area while he had class.  Cat ordered a coffee float (coffee with a scoop of ice cream) and I ordered an iced milk tea.  Only in Taiwan can you readily get milk tea at a cafe.... Cat and I went to the Chang Kai Shek Memorial to take some pictures and be all tourist-like, but people were taking pictures of us instead.... -_-"'  Being tall never gets old here.  Maybe living here or Korea wouldn't be such a good idea.... it's really annoying when strangers do it (and Chinese/Taiwanese people are not modest people- they'll say it as loud as they can to all the people they're with while passing us).  We met some more family (really, there's more?) that are aunts and cousins.







Wait, let me get this straight:
-Yesterday we met up with Maureen and Sean.  Today we met up with "Apple" (nickname for a couz).  They're all second cousins and aunts/uncles.  Still, it's nice to know there's more to relate to.  ;)  We went to an Italian restaurant called Lulu (HAHAHA  <3) and it was a fantastic fancy type of meal.  They served us bread baked fresh from their bakery with butter and this tomato/onion/garlic spread.  We all had an appetizer- I had escargot mashed potatoes!  Don't like snails too much... very rubbery.  Then there was pumpkin cream soup- smooth and tasty.  Our main courses came- I had a clam-garlic-basil-white wine pasta.  Top it off with freshly squeezed orange juice and creme brulee, this was a meal that will be hard to beat.  John, Chi lin (we call him Chillin'), Cat and I went to a KTV (karaoke) booth afterwards and sang for 5 HOURS.  Yeah, my voice was gone by the time 4:30 am came around.  It seems that Cat and I are doing quite a bit of singing on our trip.....

Salt and pepper shaker <3





Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment