Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stuffed with Food = Gaining Weight

This morning when we left Uncle Emerson's place, it was still raining really hard.  We took a taxi to the Kaohsiung train station and took a 2 hour train ride to get to Taimali, a city just outside of Taitung City.  Moving from central Taiwan to the East coast is very different- the bugs here are bigger, meaner, and the weather is much more unbearable. 

I can't believe I was able to stuff everything in my luggage; unfortunately, I had to pay the price (it was a looooong trip and I feel like I twisted my back because it was sooo heavy lugging it around in the rain).  Our 2 hour nap was uncomfortable- there was no storage space for luggage, so we put it in our leg space. 

Our A-gong (grandpa) picked us up as we were walking down to the house- we were half way there.  Man, all the memories flooded back- the little store downstairs, the hot kitchen, the steep stairs... Cat and I had a food adventure the minute we walked through the doors.  Honestly, we were already prepared for the worst, but let me tell you, this is going to be a rough visit.

Not in the way you think it would be- we are living comfortably.  But we really can't eat that much.  Our adventure goes as follows:
- we sat at the dinner table to eat bananas, beef, and bread/hotdogs. 
- moved the luggage to the 3rd floor, taking stairs.
- we came back down to drink tea, then go to the beach and eat lychee.
- returned home to help A-ma cook dinner......
- ate a HUGE bowl of beef noodles, with more beef than an entire cow.  Fish, string beans, and lemon tea as sides.
- needed to exercise, so we walked to the night market, only to find our aunt has bought us some white gourd drinks and bought us potstickers.

So, now, we are super full, almost sick.  I don't think we're going to survive... please donate all my stuff to Brian Lee when I pass away from overdose on food.

No comments:

Post a Comment