hahaha Today was fun! Cat and I got to talk to our boyfriends for the first time since... well, since we left USA! It was hectic calling back and forth due to broken call connections (aw, Bryan, don't be so sad, you still got to talk to me! ^_~) but we did it.
We left for Danshui via train and ate a humungo ice cream there... it was at least 3 ft tall! I got a strawberry/mango and Cat got matcha tea flavors. Mine melted soooo fast... it was dripping everywheeeere. :( Cat couldn't finish hers and just threw it away. Mine ended up in a cup where I couldn't eat it because I didn't have a spoon. :'( So sad!
We took a ferry to Ba-li (no, not that Bali) and rented some bikes to ride. Uncle Winston, auntie, Cat and I rode our bikes for nearly 4 hours! We were able to see the beautiful sunset on the water.... <3 We took a ferry back and ate this noodle stuffed tofu in a spicy soup/sauce with some stuffed fish ball soup... sooooo delicious. We shopped around (yes, Cat and I are slow at shopping) until all the stores in Danshui closed. We headed back, uncle's legs were super tired and needed salonpas, and we watched a movie on HBO- The Saint. Very cheesy, quite entertaining. :)
This is the last night at uncle's! Cat might get her hair re-done (it didn't turn out exactly the way she wanted it to...) and our last lunch! Uncle made beef noodle soup.... AMAZING. We had Ai-wen mangos- THE BEST MANGOS EVER. He also made green bean milk (I KNOW!).... FABULOUS. All in all, I can tell that uncle and mom are definitely from the same family- make lots of food and it is delcious. Cat, Brian, Dad and I are so fortunate to have such a fabulous chef. I think uncle is a bit different from mom though- he loves cooking and is motivated to cook by the people eating it. Mom may have lost the love to cook because she finds it tiring.... but that's just a theory. Still, they're both great at it. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment