Things aren't always rainbows and lollipops. Life is not always fair. Sometimes, we play by the rules, other times we cut corners.
Who are we to say we're doing something wrong? Society supplies only stress on human beings, and whether or not society decides to accept our decisions determines the path we lead.
Who is this society, anyway? Why is it so important to keep up norms? One may say it's because we want to lead a successful life, so we follow and play by societal rules. Success is defined within each person and has a different meaning for every individual. The "norm" may say success is to become wealthy, have a good career, raise a family, have faith, or even finish school.
Want to know my definition of success? Of course you do, you're reading my blog. ^^;;
Success is something perceived as one's desired self-image. To me, success means setting and resetting goals until you achieve them (long term or short term). When you achieve a goal, set a new one (preferably a higher goal, but that sometimes depends). Success is thinking outside the box- as an independent individual with innovative ideas and strategies to overcome obstacles and barriers life may throw at you. When you overcome these barriers, you become a stronger person who takes experience and knowledge with you lead you through the next challenge.
Personal things that are going for me- my goal is to regain connection with my family and friends in Taiwan. Yes, I'm here for vacation, but how many of us have more than immediate families in the states? I, for one, have only my immediate family, whom I cherish and love. Idon't have opportunities to have family reunions and frequent get togethers to catch up on what my cousins are doing with their lives. These people, even though Idon't know them very well, are family. And as such, I am personally invested in each and every member. I want to get to know them, and Iwant them to know me.
Another goal for me (and it is currently on hold) is the start of my career. I have finally graduated from my career as a professional student (THANK YOU!!!) and am now in transition to find a job. Sure, I get several emails everyday about job postings. Sure, I carefully look at each and every one of them to see if they're any good. I can't wait to start this new chapter in my life!
Until next time~ what's your ambition?
No comments:
Post a Comment