These past couple of days have been... more maintenance than vacation/sightseeing. Today, John, Cat and I stayed home to plan our trip down to Kenting, Taiwan, for some water sport fun. It's a vacation spot for people in Taiwan on the southern beaches of the island. Although far, hot, and costly, it should be a worthwhile experience. I'm excited for the banana boating!!!
The evening went well as I started it off with a nap before going out with everyone + Chi Lin. We took the bus & train to Taipei 101, the tallest building in Taiwan (use to be of the world... not sure if it is anymore). We headed for the basement where the music was hoppin'-- Spark, the club, had a ladies night, and our cousin Maureen invited us out for a bit of dancing and drinking. Although the night started "late" (it's a relative term- we didn't see Maureen until 12:15), we had a private booth near the dance floor. Veeeeery nice, might I add. We met a few new friends, invited some old friends (Vivian and Kevin), and all had an enjoyable evening.
The ambiance of this place was incredible! The ceiling lit up, the tiles on the dance floor blinked colors, the music was loud (too loud, in my opinion), and the floor was packed. I drank more than I have in a really long time (grey goose + cranberry or grapefruit x3, Dita, and a Sex on the Beach) and felt great-- until 3:30 came around. It hit the fan and I was just tired. No, I didn't feel sick this time, I just sat in the booth, watching music videos of women with big booties and rappers with bling/grills, shades, and baggy clothes. lol The only real killer to the mood was all the smoking.
We came back via taxi and I instantly jumped into the shower. Although it felt good, I couldn't get the smoke out of my hair (so now, it smells like shampoo + smoke... yay.) but I'm sure it'll come out in a couple of days
Night life here is pretty fun. Although I haven't seen all of it yet, I can safely say this is better than any night bar/club/huka/lounge in Utah.
No comments:
Post a Comment