Hello followers out there! I forgot to mention in my previous post, but there's a huge time change. I think I'm 15 hours ahead of peeps in Utah... which means I'm blogging at 4:43 a.m. and it's Tuesday, June 2. :)
Today was off to a late start. I couldn't wake up for the life of me-- jet lag *sigh* But Cat and I had toast for breakfast and planned out our day. Tina was suppose to be going to Jeju Island with friends, so we decided to go to Namdemun market, this huuuuuuge market with lots of amazingly "cheap" stuff. We didn't think it was that cheap because someone was afraid to haggle, but still, cheaper nonetheless. We were walking around and didn't eat lunch until 4pm, when we realized we couldn't go anywhere. So one of the store employees who spoke English took us to this place that was like Korean hot pot with tofu, veggies, and beef. YUM! We took the train back and chilled, looked at our goods, calculated our budgets, and decided we've been doing well. For me, including the cost of our entire 10 day stay at the hostel, I've spent about $277. :) Yay!!!!! I know, we've only been here for a day, but without the hostel we honestly have only spent $100 for a butt-load of food, stuff and transportation.
After shopping, we got invited to go to the Karaoke bar with the residents at our hostel. We were totally down to go, and they said they were going to leave "soon".... little did I know that soon meant 3 1/2 hrs later. I was a bit disappointed because I wanted to do something else, but instead I took a nap. It was probably a good thing because I felt more energized... but damn, that jet lag.
We went to the booth-style Karaoke and had an amazing time! Sang at the top of our lungs, enjoying some beer... yeah, I'm not able to rock the tambourine. We walked around Hongdae for a place to chill- first, a club (was deserted), second, a pop club (entrance fee was 10,000 won, approx $9), then we decided to go to the Ho bar. HAHAHA They're actually very common here! No entrance fee, and 1 beer is <$2 (granted, it's crap). Good times having staring contests and smiling contests. :P
We turned in tonight at 3:30 a.m., found out I passed my NBCOT, and felt like I was a bit closer to my housemates at the Yellow Submarine. :)
Off to bed- hopefully to hang out with Tina tomorrow! [her flight got cancelled so she's still in town for the weekend]
No comments:
Post a Comment