We settled under a nice umbrella right at the edge of the beach. The view was amazing! I'm sooo sad I forgot my camera cord.... *sniff sniff* We donned our life jackets and "helmets" (hahaha they are amazing!) and B-lined it to the water. We took a water jet to all the water floaties- a fun ride in itself! We first hopped aboard the Sea Gun- THRILLING!!! We were flying everywhere! He told us to try it in sitting... I personally thought it was easier, but John was too sissy to sit. ^^;; None of us dared to stand though.... We then tried the banana boat, which was short lived- he only threw us off twice. :( Well, threw me and John off twice, Catherine cheated! XD hahaha She leaned in and held on without falling! :( I wanted to do that... but they got mad and said we had to let go.... then we just rode on the water jets, going every which way, catching air over the waves. :D
We got back to land and built sand castles. Surprisingly, it was fun! We built a fortress, John was the detail manager, I built the foundation (yes, rocks were the best reinforcement), and Catherine was in charge of the princess tower. ^_^ We also got some tubes to float out in the water, but that was an epic fail. Rocks = pain = sad. :'( Cat got battle wounds on her hand and I got scrapes up the wazoo. However, after we were done, we were all badly burned despite our best effort in applying sunscreen everywhere (I wanted to wait my 30 minutes but noooooo, the children were to anxious to get in the wa-wa).
| Dorky helmets XD |
| Sand castle complete! |
| :'( |
We rinsed off and grabbed a bite at a local Thai food restaurant. The ambiance- 7.5. The food- 8.5! The Tom Yum Goong had more seafood than anything we had ever seen. The soft & crunchy tofu had an amazing Thai sweet & spicy sauce. We got uuuuber full.
Shuttling it to the grassy field, John and I did this thing that was literally translated into Grass Fly Ball. SO FUN and somewhat painful... just know you have to be able to take on impact/collisions... ;) We also got squished by one of the balls... really not painful at all (we all just got really psyched out about it).
We came back to shower and wash off. We ended up spending 4 hours at the hotel showering and napping. We got up ready to browse the night market! Cat and I got some new beach-like bags and some cute phone charms. We all ate Mr. Hot, some corndogs that looked really good (Mr. Wow hotdogs from Korea were better though). I got some fried tofu with pickled cabbage- I'd rate it a 4 for its bland flavor.
We were going to drop off our stuff before going to a bar, and we ended up trying to plan for the next day and the remainder of our trip. We stayed up pretty late telling ghost stories/scary stories, and I made up this amazing story about ponies... believe me, it was epic. Take my word for it. No really, just my word--
Don't ask John or Catherine.
No comments:
Post a Comment